Nausea is an unpleasant feeling in one’s stomach before he vomits. The causes of nausea are many, which only mean that there are also a number of ways in which one can combat nausea. However, if an individual feels nauseated after eating food, this means that something is not right when it comes to the general health of his body. The fact is that nausea is a common type of symptom which usually indicates that onset of a more serious body disorder. The chronic type o nausea usually happens immediately after finishing his lunch or dinner. There are also times when nausea happens only after a few hours.
One of the reasons why nausea happens after eating is that the food that was eaten is not properly digested; this is the reason why the body starts to react in a negative manner. Another cause of nausea is the allergic reaction from the food that he takes or even food poisoning. For those who starve themselves for a number of hours before he eats his food can cause nausea. Irregular eating and even viral gastroenteritis can also cause nausea. Other causes of nausea are swallowing food without even properly chewing it and consuming great amounts of fatty foods.
The following are 5 important tips that can help to combat nausea after eating.
1. In order to stop nausea after eating, one must first have to identify the specific reason that triggers nausea. Once he is able to pinpoint the reason, he will now have a great chance of overcoming the problem by avoiding condition that might otherwise aggravate the symptoms.
2. An individual should try to make a list of foods that can make him nauseous and try to avoid them. Some are nauseous when it comes to sweet foods and so it is a must that they refrain from eating them in order to avoid nausea from happening afterwards.
3. An effective means of combating nausea is by adding a variety of dark green leafy vegetables and whole grains as well as fresh fruits. These foods are the type can help one curb such disorder.
4. A person should likewise reduce intake of fatty and spicy foods. Oil, lard, butter and margarine are great tasting yet for some people, their consumption might cause them to nauseate after eating. If it cannot be avoided, people make sure that the intake of fatty foods is as minimal as possible.
5. The same goes with spicy foods; one must avoid hot peppers, jalapeno, hot sauce and other foods that are richly laden with spice.
Generally these tips and advices are effective in curbing nausea after eating. However, if despite all these remedies, an individual is still feeling nauseous after a meal, it is definitely high time for him to finally seek the medical advice of a doctor. As it is, chronic nausea after eating is very important matter needs to be immediately checked and attended to by a health professional, in order for one to have quick relief from nausea after eating.
You must be logged in to post a comment.